Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Picture frame project

So this week, I have decided to finally add to our picture collection on the wall across from our bed. As you may remember, in another post here, I showed you that we only had one picture frame hanging on that wall. Well, all of that is about to change. 

I took some old picture frames that I had used in my old apartment, painted them, and hung them up with new pictures from our engagement photo session and our wedding. Here's the process...

First, I took 2 old 8x10 frames, and emptied the glass and backing from them. I don't have a picture of this because I forgot, and because they were pretty ugly! 

Next, I painted them 2 different colors to get the feel I wanted in the room.

After carefully choosing which picture should go in which frame, they were ready! 

Here are all of the frames ready to mount on the wall. I didn't paint the others because I didn't want too much color on the wall. 

And....tah dah! Here they are! I left out the black 8x10 because I need a few other frames to fill in space before I put it up. I will update this again once more are added. 

By the way... I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. NEVER put a tervis lid in the bottom level of the dishwasher...NEVER! Your dishwasher will chew it up and spit it out. Literally. This is what happened to ours...

Anyway, happy Tuesday to everyone, have a great day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment